Invite Me to Teach
Rav Johnny is an engaging, dynamic, and inspirational speaker who has taught in schools, synagogues and communities around the world. Rav Johnny is available to physically come to your community as a scholar-in-residence, or alternatively, you may wish to invite Rav Johnny to deliver an online shiur, course or workshop. Beyond this, Rav Johnny is available to come to a private home and run a Pop-Up Beit Midrash on a theme of your choosing. To find out more, and to discuss details, please email Rav Johnny at firstname.lastname@example.org or send him a whatsapp at 052-603-0962.
- Bereishit –The ultimate halachic question
- What made Rabbi Sacks such a unique Jewish thinker?
- Faith is a Marriage
- Whose minhagim are we bound to follow?
- Rupture, Reconstruction & Modern Attitudes to Halacha
- Trends in Contemporary Modern Orthodox Responsa
- Ethiopian Jewish Law & the Shulchan Aruch
- Fate Or Faith? Philosophical reflections on modern conversion controversies
- The laws and meaning of the Shehecheyanu bracha
- Responsa & Rabbinic decision-making in our digital, post-modern, world.
- Should Jews be promoting moral behaviour to non-Jews?
- Contemporary Modern Orthodox Responsa
- Contemporary debates about Shabbat and the digital home
- What is a halachic consultant?
- Subjectivity in Halachic Decision-Making
- Religious Counselling and Psak Halacha
- Towards a methodology of learning Aggada
- Towards a methodology of learning Halacha
- How to learn the Shulchan Aruch
- Nusach Achid and Am Echad –The story of Rabbi Shlomo Goren and his attempt to unify Jewish liturgy
- Rav Goren, Rav Herzog and why the IDF does not use the Biblically sanctioned ‘War Get’?
- The halachic ruling that fractured the Modern State of Israel
- The blessing on new communities in Israel
Prayer & spirituality
- The 13 Principles of Prayer
- Chizuk: What is it? And why do we all need it?
- What is the relationship between being religious and being spiritual?
- Being our own spiritual coach
- Is there a mitzvah of Chinuch, and if so, does it ever end?
- The role of the teacher in the thought of Rav Soloveitchik
- How to write an Ethical will and why every parent should
- Smartphones and Smarthomes